Quick Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
Sometimes, getting to the gym or doing your normal fitness routine at home is just not possible. Perhaps you’re traveling, stuck in an unfamiliar place, not at home, or you’re simply in a rush. Whatever the reason, circumstances shouldn’t determine whether or not you get in your daily exercise. There are plenty of easy, uncomplicated exercises for effective, quick workouts you can do anywhere.
Whether you’re exercising at home or at the gym, bodyweight exercises are your friend. In fact, bodyweight exercises, despite seeming simple, are incredibly effective – possibly the most effective form of exercise you can do! When you’re pressed for time or find yourself in an inconvenient place, like a hotel room or stuck in the office, try some of the exercises below. Don’t let location or convenience stop you from getting your workout in.
A Few Example Quick Workouts
- Traditional – Try crunches for a great quick workout for your core. If you really want to pump it up, try a reverse crunch. To do a reverse crunch, lie with your back on the floor and your legs fully extended out in front of you. Your arms should be straight in the air. Roll your knees into your chest and press them straight in the air and bring your arms down to them for one rep. Reverse crunches help stabilize your upper back and neck. Other traditional bodyweight exercises which provide a great workout include push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups.
- Split Drops – A quick work out for your hamstrings, glutes and quads, split drops also stretch out your entire lower body. To do a split drop, start with your feet together and jump into a split squat (with one leg in front of the other). Then jump back to your original position and repeat.
- Monkey Pushups – These work out your oblique muscles in addition to giving you the benefits of a traditional push-up. Start in a traditional push-up position. Press up and when your legs are fully extended, rotate and kick your left leg underneath you and out to your right side. Do for 15-20 reps on one side.
- Burpees – Anyone who is experienced with burpees will tell you that they’re a pain to do, but the pain pays off big time. Burpees work out virtually every muscle in the body, and you can do a quick workout almost anywhere. To do a burpee, stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms down by your side. Lower into a squat position with your hands flat on the floor in front of you, then kick your legs backward into a press up position and lower your chest to the floor. Push your chest back up to the press up position and thrust your feet forward so that you are back in the squat position, then jump up and raise both hands over your head. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. If you need additional instruction, there are plenty of videos on YouTube. Repeat for as many burpees as you can muster.
- Cardio – For a quick workout that’s easy but still great for cardio, you have a variety of options. A quick jog around the block is always a great idea. Even a brisk walk can be refreshing and provide you with some beneficial exercise. If you’re stuck indoors, try jumping jacks, running in place, squat hops, traveling climbers, and whatever else you can think of.
Quick Workouts – Final Thoughts
If you really want to get your exercise routine into your day, you can always find a way. Quick workouts can be done almost anywhere at any time and they don’t require anything more than a small space and your body. Use your equipment and accessories when and where you can and use your body weight and the floors, walls and chairs when you can’t. You’ll still get a good workout and feel better for having been creative.
For Quick Workout Accessories, RX Fitness Has Got Your Back
RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks is here to help with your fitness goals, whatever they may be. We have all the equipment and accessories you might need to reach your fitness targets. We always offer top-quality fitness equipment, accessories and best-in-the-business service. Come in and let us help you find exactly who you’re looking for.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.