Shopping Tips for Clean Eating
In parts one and two of this series, we explained the basics of what constitutes "clean eating" and covered some simple guidelines to help you get started in that direction. In this post, we're going to offer a few shopping tips that should make your search for the right foods a little less daunting. You should also download the accompanying free report, which includes all six parts of this blog series.
In the early stages of clean eating, you might have issues with grocery shopping. Once you establish clear guidelines, things will become easier when you go to the grocery store. You might find it easier if you start shopping once a week, as you will always have fresh ingredients on hand. If your schedule makes it impossible, think about growing your own produce at home. Cooking at home also makes it easier to make the transition to clean eating. Think about the meals you will make in the week ahead and prepare an appropriate shopping list before you head to the market. Here are some strategies to help when shopping for food.
Part Three – Shopping
- Your shopping list must include fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. With those on your list, you are already focusing on filling up your cart with healthy produce.
- Think about buying veggies that can be used as snacks. Cherry tomatoes and baby carrots make great snacks when you combine them with a homemade ranch dip. Much better than greasy potato chips.
- Pay attention to labels that show local and organic items.
- If you can’t find what you need, talk to the store or produce manager about where they source their items.
- Whole grain pasta free from additives and preservatives are a great addition to a meal.
- Dried beans are also a great addition to the kitchen, as they can be used in a wide variety of clean eating recipes.
Clean Eating Can Be Fun
Once you get the hang of it, shopping for a clean eating diet can be a lot of fun. Once you have the basics in place, you will begin to experiment with different ingredients to create all kinds of delicious new meals. Our next post in this series will offer some tips for actually cooking your clean meals as you progress into your new regime.
Download Our Free Report
This is installment number three in our series on clean eating. The entire series has been compiled into a report in PDF format. If you would like to download and read the entire report, you will find it HERE. We will continue with further installments of the report on this blog. Good luck and healthy eating.
If you think you'd like to explore eating clean but would like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of nutritionists, coaches, and personal trainers. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by any of our four store locations or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.