The Foolproof Path to Healthy Weight Loss
It doesn’t matter whether you're trying to lose a few pounds for the summer or completely overhaul your eating habits, it needs to be approached with your overall health in mind, and there are plenty of ways to achieve healthy weight loss.
There is a ton of information (and misinformation) online about losing weight with fad diets and reaching your ideal weight goal with zero effort, but most of them are a little dangerous. Some are very dangerous. It’s important that you steer clear of these overnight fixes and instead focus your attention on achieving healthy weight loss using safe, proven methods. The good news is that there is indeed just such a path that you can follow.
4 Steps to Healthy Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight that will stay off while avoiding dangerous fads and endangering you health, follow the simple tips below. They work.
- Put weekly weight loss goals in place. The key here is to keep your goals manageable. It’s natural to want to lose weight quickly but keeping it off means taking a more measured approach.
- Before you start any weight loss program, be sure to talk to your doctor about weight loss goals that are reasonable for you.
- Assuming you’re not seriously overweight, losing 2 pounds per week is considered sustainable weight loss.
- If you are overweight, the amount that you lose each week will likely fluctuate. With exercise and changes to your diet, you can easily lose more than a couple of pounds per week.
- A nutritionist will help you put together a healthy diet that will be based on your weight, age, goals, and other factors.
- It’s also important to talk to a nutritionist if you have existing conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. The mistake you might make when going it alone could be cutting out foods that are actually helping keep your conditions at bay.
- Your age is a major factor in your nutritional needs, many of which you may not be aware of. For example, a nutritionist will show you how to get the calcium you need without eating cheese that is considered high fat.
- If you can’t make it to the gym, you can certainly find circuit training videos online so you can work out at home. It will probably be easier at the gym, but it’s good to know you have options.
- If training at home is an issue, find a gym that has trainers who can help you put together a program that will help you reach your desired goals – or, if it's within your budget, hire a private personal trainer.
- Sleeping well is important, so shoot for at least seven hours per night. Not getting enough sleep will hamper your weight loss efforts.
- Take a daily multivitamin that comes with all the vitamins and minerals you need. Make sure you're choose age appropriate vitamins.
- Always keep a couple of stress busters handy, as anxiety and stress can wreak havoc on your weight loss. It could be something as simple as a book or a game that you enjoy.
It's All About Treating Your Body Well
When trying to achieve sustainable, healthy weight loss, the more things you do that are good for your body, the quicker you will lose weight. Listen to what your body is telling you, stick to your plan, and watch the pounds fall off. Good health!
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here to Help
If you're about to embark on a serious weight loss program and you'd like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of coaches, personal trainers, and nutritionists. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.