5 Amazing Keto Diet Benefits
You hear a lot about how bad carbs are for you, but they are an important part of the metabolic process. They're stored in the body as glycogen and then used to provide energy. When the glycogen reserves run dry, organic compounds known as ketones are produced by the liver. These compounds are created as soon as the body burns fat for fuel, which explains how the keto diet benefits you in your effort to lose weight, even though it is high in fat.
The production of ketones by the liver is just one positive aspect of the keto diet, but there are several other proven physical and mental health benefits. Let’s take a look at some of benefits of the keto diet.
How The Keto Diet Can Help You
- Lesser appetite. Once fats begin to break down in the body, you generally start to feel less hungry. Feeling full for longer periods of time means snacking less and losing more weight.
- Food craving are kept to a minimum when following the keto diet. It is very often snacking and binge eating that lead to problems in any diet, which leads to weight being put back on. With those obstacles removed, sticking to a diet becomes easier.
- The heart, brain, and muscle tissue would sooner burn ketones than glycogen. Blood sugar is conserved when ketones are burned, making it possible for the body to become more efficient.
- Triglycerides are extremely dangerous, as high levels of them can lead to serious health issues, such as heart disease, obesity, and seizures.
- One of the most effective ways to decrease insulation stimulation and lower levels of fat in the blood is to cut back on carbohydrates, with refined sugars being the worst of the bunch.
- A big part of the keto diet about reducing carbs, with the likes of fruit, alcohol, and refined sugars known to be insulin stimulators.
- When compared to other diets, the keto diet is better at improving good cholesterol levels. This is down to the increased fat intake as seen in keto.
- If heart health is a major concern for you, then increasing HDL cholesterol levels is a good place to start.
- It may come as a surprise to learn that lower-fat diets tend to lead to an increase in high blood pressure. When adding quality fatty foods – avocado, fish, olive oil, walnuts, etc. – into your diet, blood pressure levels remain healthier.
- If you do not suffer from mental health issues, you will still see benefits in the form of increased focus and clarity.
Check With Your Health Care Professional
If you're looking to lose weight and focus on your mental health, you may want to talk to your doctor or nutritionist about how the keto diet might be able to help. Never make a drastic change in your diet or fitness routines without consulting a professional first to make sure it's right for your goals as well as your current physical condition, and to learn any potential downsides to the change you are considering.
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here To Help
If you think you'd like to give the Keto Diet a good look and you'd like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of nutritionists, coaches, personal trainers. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.