Instructions for Kettlebell Alternating Snatches
Let's do another Kettlebell exercise. Here's the latest in our series of instructional posts on the proper execution of kettlebell routines. The kettlebell alternating snatches exercise affects the lower back, trapezius, shoulders, triceps, calves, gluteusmaximus and hamstrings. This exercise is suited only to advanced level lifters, but no matter what level you may be, always stretch and warm up before beginning any exercise routine.
Target Muscle Groups
Kettlebell Alternating Snatches Exercise Steps
- Place your legs shoulder-width apart, pick up a kettlebell in each hand and rest them on your thighs.
- Lower your torso to build momentum, all while ensuring that you keep your spine straight. Flex your knees and hips so that the kettlebells will easily swing between your legs.
- Using your hips to crate forward thrust power, change the direction of the swing in order to get the kettlebell to your shoulder with your wrist facing outward.
- Move the kettlebell back down between your legs and use your hips to reverse the direction once again, moving the other kettlebell up to your shoulder, wrist out once more.
- Repeat the movements 12-15 times for each side.
Approach With Caution
It’s always best to work with a fitness professional when exercising with kettlebells in order to assure proper form and procedure and to avoid injury, particularly if you're new to kettlebell exercises. If you need some help locating a fitness coach or personal trainer near you, give us a call. We can help.
We've Got the Right Kettlebells for You
RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks carries a complete line of kettlebells and accessories in a variety of weights to fit every goal and budget. Stop by today for expert advice and friendly help in finding the kettlebell equipment that is perfect for YOU. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.