Step by Step Instructions for the Kettlebell Clean
Time for another post in our series on the proper execution of a Kettlebell Exercise. Muscle groups affected by the kettlebell clean exercise are the lower back, gluteus maximus and hamstrings. This exercise should only be done by those at the advanced level and you should always stretch and warm up before beginning your kettlebell exercise routine.
Target Muscle Groups
Kettlebell Clean Exercise Steps
Follow these instructions carefully to properly execute the Kettlebell Clean exercise routine. It's always a good idea to have a spotter nearby when working on advanced exercises with any kind of free weights.
- Place the kettlebell between your feet to begin.
- With your knees bent, grab the handle of the kettlebell with your right hand, making sure that your thumb is pointed behind you.
- With an upward hip thrust, bring up the kettlebell and allow the momentum to move it up to your shoulder.
- The final resting spot should be the rack position, which has the kettlebell resting on your forearm, which should be tucked into your body with your fist at chest level.
- Move the kettlebell back to the ground and repeat steps one through four 10-15 times with either hand.
Avoid Injury by Working With a Coach
You should consider working with a fitness professional when exercising with kettlebells, especially if you're relatively new to using kettlebell exercise. This will help ensure proper form and procedure and will help you avoid injury. If you would like some assistance in locating a personal trainer or fitness coach near you, call us. We can help.
We've Got Your Kettlebells
RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks, Anaheim Hills, Fountain Valley and Mission Viejo carries a complete line of kettlebells and accessories in a variety of weights to fit every goal and budget. Stop by today for expert advice and friendly help in finding the kettlebell equipment that is perfect for YOU. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit your needs and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.