Step by Step Instructions for the Kettlebell Deadlift
Time for another in our series on kettlebell exercises. This week, we'll talk about how to properly execute the Kettlebell Deadlift. This kettlebell exercise is for intermediate to advanced users and should be approached, as with all weightlifting exercises, with care and preparation. Its greatest effect will be on the lower back, middle back, trapezius, forearms, gluteus maximus and hamstrings. Don't neglect your warmup before beginning this kettlebell workout. To see our other posts on kettlebell exercises, click "kettlebells" in the Categories menu to your right.
Kettlebell Deadlift Steps
- The kettlebell should be placed between your feet to begin.
- Get in a squat position by bending your knees, and then take the kettlebell in both hands. Your spine should remain in the neutral position.
- Tighten you glutes and get your core in action as you raise your body with your arms extended. Attain power by pushing through your feet, allowing the kettlebell to raise naturally as opposed to being lifted by your arms as you move to a standing position.
- Bend your knees as you lower the kettlebell back to the ground, keeping your arms extended through the full motion.
- Try to maintain the correct form for 12-15 repetitions.
Consider a Professional Consultation
Anytime you're exercising with kettlebells, we strongly recommend working with a fitness professional who will help assure that you're using proper form and procedure and to avoid injury, particularly if you're new to kettlebell exercise. If you would like a referral to help you find a fitness coach or personal trainer near you, let us know. We can help.
RX Fitness Equipment Has Your Kettlebells
We carry several lines of kettlebells and accessories at RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks. We have a variety of weights, colors and sizes to fit every goal and budget. Come in for expert advice and friendly help in finding the kettlebell equipment that is perfect for YOU. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by any of our three store locations or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact our staff for a free consultation or stop by any one of our three stores and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.