Instructions for the Kettlebell Lunge Pass-Through
Time for another installment in our kettlebell workout series. This time, we have an excellent kettlebell routine for intermediate kettlebell users. We'll be explaining the proper execution of the Kettlebell Lunge Pass-Through exercise. Like all weightlifting routines, this kettlebell exercise should be executed with caution and proper form. The muscle groups most affected by this kettlebell routine will be the quadriceps, calves, and gluteus maximus. Always warmup before you begin this or any kettlebell workout. To see our other posts on kettlebell exercises, click "kettlebells" in the dropdown Categories menu to your right.
The Kettlebell Lunge Pass-Through
- Stand up straight with a kettlebell in your right hand.
- Take a forward step, leading with your left foot (hold your spine in a neutral position throughout) and lower your torso by flexing your knee. Your back knee should be lowered until you reach a point where it’s just above the floor.
- In the process of the lunge, pass the kettlebell to your left hand by passing it under your left leg.
- Press through the heel of your left foot as you raise yourself back to the original standing position.
- Alternate legs and do 16-20 repetitions each time.
This is an intermediate kettlebell routine but we always recommend that, if you're not yet to that level, it's advisable to work with a fitness professional to assure proper form and execution of your kettlebell workout until you have progressed to the intermediate stage. This will help avoid injury and prevent the development of poor weightlifting habits. This is critically important for beginners to kettlebell exercise. If you need a referral for a trainer or personal coach, RX Fitness Equipment can help. Let us know what you need.
Need Kettlebells? RX Fitness Equipment Has Them!
We carry several lines of kettlebells and accessories at RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks. We have a variety of weights, colors and sizes to fit every goal and budget. Come in for expert advice and friendly help in finding the kettlebell equipment that is perfect for YOU. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by any of our three store locations or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.