10 Ways to Help You Lose 10 Pounds
When trying to lose weight, most of us focus on the end goal, which can make the path ahead seem long and unmanageable. A more effective way to tackle your weight loss journey is to lose 10 pounds at a time. There are small steps you can take to achieve that 10 pound loss, after which you can move on to the next 10 pounds, and so on until you hit your goal weight.
You need only make a couple of changes to reach your first 10 pounds in a reasonable amount of time. If you try to do all the following tips at the same time, it’s going to be difficult to maintain them all. Choose the changes that will be easiest for you to follow, after which you can implement more as you get in better shape and become more confident.
Below we've listed ten ways you can lose 10 pounds without a ton of stress or effort. We hope you find them helpful.
- Don’t drink your calories. When trying to lose weight, we all pay attention to the calories in food, but we don’t always pay attention to what we drink. By simply switching to water, which you can flavor with fresh fruit, you can cut out hundreds of calories per day.
- Start walking. While going to the gym every day would be great, you can still get great exercise by walking more than you already do. If you have issues with your feet or legs, swimming is a great alternative to walking.
- Slow down when eating. If you eat slowly, you reduce the likelihood of overeating. Be mindful when you chew and do not perform other tasks, such as watching TV or surfing the internet. Pay attention, eat slowly, and you will consume less.
- Avoid processed carbs. Processed foods are jam-packed with calories, so avoid bread, pasta, cookies, and other processed carbs as much as you can.
- Make dinner your last food of the day. We all enjoy a little late night snack, but eating after dinner is always a bad idea. You are gong to do your weight and health no favors by eating late in the day.
- Get more sleep. Studies clearly show that tired people are more attracted to fatty foods than those who get plenty of sleep. There are also metabolic issues that come from not enough sleep, all of which adds to your weight issues.
- Dine out less. It’s not just calories you can save by eating healthy meals at home, you will also save a lot of money.
- Making weighing in a daily habit. You should be aware of your weight at all times, so get in the habit of stepping on the scale at the same time each day. Every little drop in weight is a sign that you are moving in the right direction, which can be great motivation.
- Add veggies to your diet. While there are a couple of exceptions, most vegetables are high in bulk and low on calories. Eating veggies can help you fell fuller faster.
- Pass on breakfast. We have all lived under the 3 meals a day rule forever, but recent studies suggest that skipping breakfast or dinner might actually be healthier. Always eat lunch. Ideally, skipping dinner is best, but it’s sometimes easier to skip breakfast.
Proper Rest is Critical
Lose 10 Pounds One Pound at a Time
The idea of losing 10 pounds seems easier than losing 50. By using these tips to lose that first 10 pounds, you will begin to build healthy habits while moving towards your total goal. You can see real results from just a couple of small changes.
Begin by incorporating a couple of these tips until you start losing 1-2 pounds per week. You’ll be tempted to try and lose more, but this is a healthy rate of weight loss. Think about it, just 2 pounds a week is over 100 pounds in a year. That is huge!!
Stick to these tips and take your time. You will achieve results. That will make it easier to continue to the next level.
Let RX Fitness Equipment Help
If you're about to embark on a weight loss program and you'd like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of nutritionists, coaches, and personal trainers. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.