5 Ways to Speed Up the Weight Loss Process
Ask the average person what they would like to improve about themselves and many will tell you that they would love to lose weight and feel healthier. There are many ways to make that happen but whichever path you choose, to shed weight quickly there are definite steps that need to be followed.
The fact that so many people struggle to lose weight tells you just how difficult it is, especially when you consider that things like gender, age, and metabolism all play a role in preventing you from reaching your weight loss goals. There are a few things that you can do to speed up the process, so let’s take a closer look at some weight loss tips that will make that process move along a little faster.
To Lose Weight Quickly
- Tally your micronutrients. Sticking to a clean, healthy diet is often one of the more difficult aspects of weight loss. Fast food joints are open on every corner, all of them trying to tempt you in with food that tastes great, but which is terrible for you.
- Keeping track of micronutrients ensure that your body is getting what it needs, while also ensuring that you steer clear of things it doesn’t.
- The micronutrient split that seems to be most effective is 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fat. Saturated fats should be avoided at all costs, as they contribute to weight gain.
- For example, someone in construction is going to have a higher NEAT than someone who works in an office job. If you fall into the latter category, you need to find ways to boost your NEAT, which can be done by walking the dog or taking the stairs instead of an elevator. These activities will boost your metabolism and help with weight loss.
- While cardio training is an essential part of any exercise program, training with weights will help speed up the weight loss process.
Hydration is Crucial to Weight Loss
- Research has shown that L-carnitine can help with weight loss, as it is great at promoting higher states of fat oxidation. When that happens, the body uses it as energy that it used to burn fat and help you lose weight.
- Your goal should be to drink between 6-8 glasses of water every day. Eating fruit and vegetables is also good for hydration, as well as maintaining pH and electrolyte balance, as they are primarily made of water.
Set Goals to Shed Weight Quickly
Unfortunately, most of us are becoming more and more comfortable with a sedentary lifestyle, which is why getting motivated to lose weight can be so difficult. By following these simple tips and setting achievable goals, you can put yourself in a position where success is inevitable and shed weight quickly. Stay hydrated, increase your activity level, track macronutrients, exercise with weights, and add supplement as needed. Stay consistent with that plan, and you will see weight loss.
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here to Help
If you're looking for the best way to lose a few pounds and would like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of nutritionists, coaches, and personal trainers. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.