Quick Workout Tips for a Busy Lifestyle
Life, for most of us, gets extraordinarily busy. The pace of work, family, errands and social life can be stressful. Finding time to do things for yourself, such as eating well and exercising, can be difficult. Thankfully, with modern distractions also come modern solutions. On those days when you don’t have time for a full exercise routine, try these quick workout tips that you can do almost anywhere. The solutions below won't replace your normal fitness routine, but when used occasionally will get you through a busy day without having to skip your workout.
No gym? No problem!
A quick workout can happen anywhere. Don’t lock yourself into thinking that you need to be in a gym in order to get proper exercise. If you travel frequently, or don’t have access to a gym, this can contribute to you tricking yourself into the idea that you don’t need to exercise. Or, that you can at least skip a few days. The gym also takes time, which is sometimes at a premium in a crunched schedule. Opt for exercises you can do quickly and easily, anytime, anywhere! Here's a great bedroom workout.
- Face-down Hip External Rotation – 8-12 on each side for 2-3 reps
- Jumping Jacks – Get your blood pumping with 25 of these
- Windshield Wiper – 8-12 on each side for 2-3 reps
- Glute Bridge – 12-15 for 2-3 reps
- Superman – 12 per rep for 2-3 reps
Quick Workout Bodyweight Exercises
Looking to tone those muscles or build up new ones? Bodyweight exercises are the perfect way to work those muscles without having to lift heavy weights. This quick workout can be done anywhere and doesn’t require any equipment.
- Pushups – The quintessential exercise. Do 10-12 for 2-3 reps
- Mountain Climbers – 10-12 for 2-3 reps
- Crunches – Help those abs peep out! 20-40 for 2-3 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – Great for your abs and your butt. Do 15-20 for 2-3 reps
- Planks – Fantastic for balance and core strength. Hold for 20-30 seconds, repeat 2-3 times
A Quick Workout At Home – HIIT
A quick workout that really produces results. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. It’s a great way to quickly burn off calories and shed fat. Try these exercises for a quick HIIT workout at home. Rev up with a 5 minute cardio prep, take a 5 minute cool-down and then do the main workout. You’ll spend 20 minutes tops overall, and burn 150-350 calories!
- 60 seconds butt kickers
- 60 seconds stutter steps
- 60 seconds lateral jumps
- 30 seconds arm crossover swings
- 30 seconds torso twists
- 60 seconds up and out jacks
The Main Workout
Do sixty seconds of each of the following for a really productive quick workout. Take short breathers and repeat for multiple reps.
- Butt kickers
- Crossover toe touch stretches
- Standing quad stretches
- Wall chest stretches
RX Fitness is Here to Help
RX Fitness Equipment works with hundreds of health and fitness professionals including nutritionists, personal trainers and fitness coaches and we're happy to refer you to someone who can help. We also carry equipment and accessories of all kinds to fit every goal and budget to make your fitness routine more productive. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.