8 Ways to Stay Motivated While Losing Weight
Losing weight is not something that happens overnight, which is why patience is key. Even if you only need to lose a few pounds, it can take weeks for that weight to come off. Losing a lot of weight is a process that takes months or years to achieve and weight loss motivation will be critical to your success. There are going to be days where you plateau or you'll begin to feel that your weight loss goals are impossible. Staying motivated will help get you through those periods. The following tips will help to keep you motivated through your weight loss journey.
- Find your favorite inspirational quote and place it somewhere that you will see it regularly. Refer to that quote on the days when your motivation is waning.
- The bathroom mirror is a good place for quotes, as is the refrigerator. A quote on the fridge door might be enough to prevent you cheating on your diet.
Monitor Your Progress
- A journal or a progress app are both great. Choose the one that works best for you.
- Fill one jar with stones or marbles and sit an empty jar beside it. Every time you lose a pound, move a marble from the full jar to the empty one. It’s a simple and effective way to track your progress and stay motivated.
Consider Professional Help
- A good trainer will help keep you accountable as they track your progress.
A Friend Can Be Your Weight Loss Motivation
- Maybe it your health that is the major reason for weight loss, or maybe you want to wear those old clothes that no longer fit. Every reason is valid, so don’t forget that.
Weight Loss Motivation Doesn't Happen By Accident
Weight loss motivation is one of the key elements in any weight loss program. It’s going to be a long journey, so find the things that motivate you and use them along with these tips to get the most out of your weight loss journey. Stay focused. Be kind to yourself. And let the weight loss begin.
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here to Help
If you're trying to drop a few pounds by but lack sufficient motivation and would like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of coaches, personal trainers and nutritionists. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.