Spice Up Your Fitness Routine to Prevent Workout Boredom
Getting into a fitness routine and working out every day is great for your health and an excellent way to keep your weight in your desired range, but it’s also very easy to become bored with the same old routine. Rather than falling into a rut and succumbing to workout boredom, there are some things that you can do to keep your fitness program fresh and fun. All you need to do is make a few simple changes to your routine that will help make every workout a pleasant one. The following tips should help you spice up your fitness experience.
- Play your favorite music. Create a workout compilation on your smartphone or MP3 player and take it with you when run, do yoga, or lift weights. Time has a way of flying by when you are listening to music, making it seem as though your workout was shorter than it really was and keeping workout boredom at bay.
Bring Your Entertainment
- You can blow through a 20-minute treadmill run in the time it takes to listen to 4 or 5 of your favorite songs.
- You'll find yourself following the beat of the music and getting an adrenaline rush that speeds you through your routine.
Mix It Up
- If you go to a gym, think about trying different classes, perhaps doing a spin class one week and step aerobics the next.
- If you have your routine memorized, try doing it in reverse or mixing up the elements.
- Think about doing your workout in front of the mirror one week and away from it the next. You’ll find that you concentrate more on proper form when you don’t have the mirror.
Invite Some Company
- One example might be to try and increase your repetitions by 5 per week. Once you hit those goals, get yourself the book you wanted or treat yourself to a movie. Rewards do not have to be expensive.
- If it's something that's on the pricier side, then give your goals a cash value that you put into a savings pot when you hit them. Not only is it cool to finally get that reward, it’s fun to watch the pot grow at the same time you are getting in shape. And, workout boredom never rears its ugly head.
- If you have a sweet tooth, sweet, low-calorie treats are another good reward.
Having Fun is the Best Remedy for Workout Boredom
Making your fitness program more fun is one of the best ways to stay motivated and avoid workout boredom. Try to implement these ideas from the start, so that boredom never becomes an issue. Besides these tips, there are probably plenty more than you can think of that will help keep you motivated while you get in shape and stay healthy.
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here to Help
If you're trying to make your workouts more fun and avoid boredom and would like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of coaches, personal trainers and nutritionists. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.