How You Can Learn to Develop an Appreciation for Exercise
Is exercising something you enjoy or does it feel more like hard work? Oftentimes, it's the thought of putting your body through the strain of exercise that keeps you from doing it. You need to change that dynamic. It takes focus and willpower, but you can change the way you think about exercise today and going forward. If you have a desire to be healthy, exercise is a must. The goal then becomes to find a way to make it something you enjoy. Building an appreciation for exercise is easier than you might think if you include activities that you find fun. Here are some things you can do to change the way you think about your fitness routine.
- Find a sport that you enjoy. It won’t even feel like you are working out if you are playing a sport that you love. This may be a sport that you played or enjoyed in the past, or perhaps one you have always wanted to try. Movement burns calories, but that does not mean being stuck in the gym.
- Racquet sports are great for burning calories. Think about adding tennis or squash to your list of activities.
- If you want to build strength and endurance, swimming is great. Swimming in a pool is fun, but also consider trying a water aerobics class to mix things up.
- Rewards are a great way to stay motivated on the days when you don’t really feel like exercising.
- Pamper yourself with a massage or a day spa treatment as a reward, or simply give yourself a day off from working out.
- Plug in your headphones and listen to music when you walk on the treadmill. You will be entertained and might even walk at a faster pace as you listen.
- If you are hitting the exercise bike, think about taking a book with you to distract from the stress and burn that your muscles are feeling. A suspenseful book is great, as it will help keep you engaged.
- Are issues such as high blood pressure or heart disease part of your family history? You can help keep those at bay by exercising and staying healthy.
- When you turn exercise into a daily routine, you will quickly find greater energy levels and a much sharper mind.
Learn to Love Fitness
Follow the simple strategies outlined above and you will find that exercise will become much more enjoyable. As you grow to like ... maybe even love ... your fitness routine, it won’t take long before you start seeing the benefits that come with getting in shape and treating your body right.
RX Fitness Equipment Is Here to Help
If you need to make changes to your fitness routine so you can learn to love it, and you'd like to discuss it with a professional, RX Fitness works with hundreds of coaches, personal trainers, and nutritionists. We'd be happy to refer you to one who can help. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit every goal and budget and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. Stop by our store in Thousand Oaks or give us a call. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.
Contact Tim Adams for a free consultation or stop by the store and take something for a test drive. We’re here to help.