Step by Step Instructions for the Kettlebell Figure Eight
Next up in our series on the proper execution of a kettlebell exercise is the Kettlebell Figure Eight. Muscle groups affected by the kettlebell figure eight exercise are the shoulders, abdominals, and hamstrings. This exercise should be done only by those at the intermediate level or above, and you should always remember to stretch and warm up before beginning your kettlebell exercise routine.
Target Muscle Groups
Kettlebell Figure Eight Exercise Steps
Follow these instructions carefully to properly execute the Kettlebell Figure Eight exercise routine. It's always a good idea to have a spotter nearby when working on advanced exercises with any kind of free weights.
- Your starting position should see your legs placed just a little beyond shoulder or hip width apart and the kettlebell on the floor out front.
- With knees bent, lower to a quarter-squat position while keeping your back straight.
- Grab the kettlebell with your right hand and swing it outside your right leg before threading it back through your legs.
- Move the kettlebell into your left hand, and then swing it around the left leg and back between your legs once again.
- Repeat this process 12-15 times.
Avoid Injury by Working With a Coach
You should consider working with a fitness professional when implementing a kettlebell exercise program, especially if you're relatively new to using kettlebells. This will help ensure proper form and procedure and will help you avoid injury. If you would like some assistance in locating a personal trainer or fitness coach near you, call us. We can help.
We've Got Your Kettlebells
RX Fitness Equipment in Thousand Oaks, Anaheim Hills, Fountain Valley and Mission Viejo carries a complete line of kettlebells and accessories in a variety of weights to fit every goal and budget. Stop by any of our four locations today for expert advice and friendly help in finding the kettlebell equipment that is perfect for YOU. If you're looking for a great selection of fitness equipment and accessories of all kinds, we carry the top brands to fit your needs and we're here to make your fitness routine more productive. And don't forget to check out Tim's best-selling book, Fitness Equipment – A Shopper's Guide, available at Amazon and other online book sellers as well as in our store.